Now is a good time to introduce the words of Mr. Marcus Taylor. A love poem to go with this Valentine edition of Infinite Rhythms.
My Soul Food
My eyes only see you,
Everything else is just background,
A canvas that accentuates
Nay, you lighten everything around,
You are why I look ahead.
You have my attention, I will look nowhere else;
Only you are the mirror to help me see myself.
While others see you with a glimmer, I see you in whole;
They only want the sweet but my beloved, you are good for my soul.
Therefore, I am not intimidated by anyone else for you fill me;
They are not the type of container to behold all of thee.
In the same breath, I say no one comes close to your match;
I not only look at you alone, know that my soul is attached.
For you are more than pleasing to my eyes, you are my blessing;
You are the food to my soul: the poultry, the collards, the tea, the dressing.
This is why I only look to you to fill my plate,
Not my body, but for the inward parts of my gate.
For you fill my eyes with your heart so tender,
I want you to look in my eyes and know I look at you with splendor.
By Marcus Taylor
1. Still in Love – Chris Jasper
2. Alone Together (Feat. Marsha Ambrosius) – Daley
3. Dream Girl – Unix
4. Lover’s Groove – Farnell Newton / Marcus Reynolds Quintet
5. In Love With Me – Tje Austin
6. Couldn’t Love You More – Water Seed
7. No One Else – Jesse Boykins III
8. Pillow Talk – Sivey
9. You Win, I Lose – Hal Bradbury
10. Tonight – Tri’ana Moore
11. You Are Too Beautiful – Tao Hojgaard