The Sarah Vaughan International Jazz Vocal Competition (SVIJVC) is open to solo female vocalists worldwide ages 16 and up. To qualify, singers must submit three (3) recordings as described below – one of which should be from Sarah Vaughan’s catalog:
- A ballad (slow to medium-slow)
- A medium tempo standard, or a medium tempo blues
- An up-tempo standard with at least one chorus of “scat” improvisation
- Performances may be a cappella or with accompaniment by live band or a pre-recorded track.
- The Semifinalists will be required to provide a picture, bio, and video of a live performance video.