Most, if not all of the songs in this podcast are great remakes of classic songs, hence the title “Interpretations”. These bands made these songs their own and I think you will enjoy them the way I do. We start the set of with a track from the late Ms. Amy Winehouse, who discography I’m becoming more familiar with. Her soul and jazzy style will be missed. May she rest in peace. Shouts out to Jesse Fisher for the track, Dani #1, and The Jazz Mafia out of the Bay Area. Watch the future for Ahmed Sirour who does a lot good work, and that Zo! track is dead on. Enjoy!
1. Teach Me Tonight – Amy Winehouse
2. The Bluest Eyes Revisited – Farnell Newton
3. Giant Steps – Cannonball (Jazz Mafia)
4. Black Cow feat. Phonte and Sy Smith – Zo!
5. My Cherie Amour – Stevie Wonder (Ahmed Sirour)
6. You’ve Got a Friend – Soul Cycle feat. Gretchen Parlato
7. Nature Boy – Cleveland Jones accmpd by Ahmed Sirour
8. Run – Joe Cang
9. Saxes & MPCs (Beat by J Dilla) – Philippe Edison