(From the Smithsonian website)
“Jazz Appreciation Month is every April”
“The museum launched JAM in 2001 as an annual event that pays tribute to jazz both as a historic and living American art form. It has since grown to include celebrations in all 50 states and 40 countries.”
1. Variation of Movement – Claudio Scolari
2. Certainty – Wadada Leo Smith’s Organic
3. Lanta – Jamie Ruben
4. Leaps of Faith – Cuong Vu
5. I Believe in Miracle – Sunlightsquare Latin Combo
6. Hummin – Marley Marl/Roy Ayers
7. How Sly – Wu-Tang Clan (Poinciana by Ahmad Jamal)
There are various events going on in your city or state that you should seek out.
Link to Smithsonian Jazz website.